Posted 01/14/2019 12:16PM
- Seniors, the Mansfield ISD Multi Scholarship is application is open! The deadline is Feb 22, 2019. The application is available on the Mansfield ISD website, the MHS website and the MHS Counseling Center website.
- Seniors- It is time to sign up for the Adopt-a-Senior program! This is a pen paling program with third graders from J.L. Boren elementary. You will then get to meet your pen pal on April 12th during an assembly. Come by R3 to pick up your form and return it by January 25th to be a part of this program.
- Are you interested in being a MHS Cheerleader or Mascot? There is a mandatory parent meeting on Tuesday, January 15th at 7pm at the MISD PAC. If you have any questions please go see Coach Moline in room D10.
- Anyone planning on trying out for the 2019 Mansfield Baseball Team needs to meet with Coach Davis during advisory on Tuesday in room H3. If you cannot attend the meeting see Coach Davis sometime this week to get information regarding tryouts.
- Come out to Twisted Root tomorrow night from 4-8 PM for a spirit night for Tigers Untamed! The profits will help us purchase fan supplies for all outside athletic events! Come out and show that Tiger spirit, and don’t forget to say you’re there for the fundraiser!
- Congratulations to the Lady Tiger Soccer Program. They Competed in the Governor’s Cup Elite division this last weekend where they won all 3 games including beating 2 teams ranked in the top 10 in the state.
- Tomorrow is Club Day during advisory. There are over 40 clubs to choose from. You can go on the school website to check out the club list, locations and descriptions or check with your advisory teachers. There are also green posters around the school with a revised club list and locations. There have been 4 new clubs added to the list since our last club day in November, which are: Bass Fishing Club, Healthcare Club, Retro Revive Club & Scuba Diving Club. Remember students! Club Day is not the time to get out of advisory to roam the hallways or go to the cafeteria. You will be sent back to your advisory if you are not going to a club or have a purple pass to see a teacher.
- Any student, or faculty member, interested in scuba diving or learning to scuba dive, can come to the scuba diving club meeting during our next club day. The meeting will be in B4, Coach Holmes' class.
- Mansfield Speaks will meet in the conference room across from the library Tuesday during Club Day. If you are interested in participating in Mansfield Speaks, please meet with us during Club Day tomorrow.
- There will be a Freshman Class meeting this Thursday morning, January 17th, at 7:00 am in Mrs. Hamilton’s room, W10. Your class officers would like your vote of support for an upcoming fundraiser which will help raise money for your future Senior Prom. If you’d like your voice heard, please be in Mrs. Hamilton’s room, W10, at 7:00 am this Thursday morning to vote.
- Congratulations to Katie Le, Mollie Blank, and Molly Phillips for their selection to the TAVC Volleyball All-State team! This is a huge accomplishment, we are so proud of you!
- Attention!! Attention!! Track and Field will be starting this Thursday. It is not too late to sign up. If you are interested in coming out for track, please stop by Coach Calderon’s room (B1) or Coach Walker’s room (U-15) for important information.
- Student Council is promoting the “Hi, How are you?” project for January 22nd and we ask that you reach out to your friends and family members to start the conversations about mental health. In honor of this day we are asking all faculty/staff and students to wear green to represent mental health awareness. Four little words can make a BIG difference in someone’s life. A simple question like “Hi, How are you?” can start a meaningful conversation with a friend or family member. Encouraging others to open up about mental health is a powerful gesture that can change lives. So please wear green on January 22nd and really take the time to say “Hi, how are you?”